Hiab Crane Training
Hiab Crane Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Engage/disengage PTO correctly.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Set stabilisers correctly have machine stable and level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Lift and position various types of loads onto and off of lorry platform.
Hiab Crane Training Course Summary
- Load charts
- Road Traffic Act
- Limitations of use
- Emergency controls
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Refuelling procedures
- Rated capacity indicator
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Driving, loading and unloading
- Setting up/positioning machine
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Securing lorry loader after operation
- Components and main types of lorry loader
Hiab Crane Training Certification
RTITB NORS Valid for 3 years.
Hiab Crane Training Refresher Period
RTITB NORS Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
The National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS) is the centralised validation, registration and certification scheme for all RTITB accredited training.