Manual Handling Training
Manual Handling Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct method of manual handling of objects.
- Understand their responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate the practices of manual handling and lifting as described in The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Manual Handling Training Course Summary
- MHOR 1992
- Duties of employees
- Duties of employers
- Introduction to manual handling
- Principles of good movement
- Types and causes of injury
- Anatomy of the spine
- Theoretical examination
- Identifying the load
- Mechanical aids
- Task analysis
- Practical application of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
Manual Handling Training Certification
SGT Training Limited Theory and Practical Certificate Valid for 3 years.
Manual Handling Training Refresher Period
Manual Handling Awareness Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
As all personnel are at risk of injury through carrying out manual handling tasks as part of their duties, this course can be adapted to suit all workplaces.